Creativity - the ideas - turning the blank canvas into a work of art -
WORK WORK WORK.
You can not spend all your time curled up in front of the TV. You have to be the main character in your creativity quest.
What should I paint? - the butterflies churn in my stomach - what should my next project be? - will anyone appreciate it? - do I really want to do it ?. . .
Turn that butterfly into excitement - love the mystery of the unknown - anticipate the happy accidents - learn from the mistakes - enjoy the journey!
You need to develop work habits that will foster creativity
- have a special place/studio dedicated as your work space
- spend time daily in your studio
- draw/paint/write everyday
- keep some kind of journal/sketchbook
- spend time with other artists for support
- nurture a fellow artist (nurturing is good because you have to practice what you preach)
- experiment with what works for you
This Struggle and this Work will and should never go away even as you mature as an artist. It will always be part of your creative process, so
Embrace It, Expect It, Enjoy It!!
H A P P I N E S S sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.
WAITING FOR OUR WINGS Back to the winged critters and the challenging composition. I was given excellent advice - my compo...
The kids at the Library should enjoy this painting. I did use layers of glazes in the sky and the clouds. I don't usually use gla...