Creativity - the ideas - turning the blank canvas into a work of art -
WORK WORK WORK.
You can not spend all your time curled up in front of the TV. You have to be the main character in your creativity quest.
What should I paint? - the butterflies churn in my stomach - what should my next project be? - will anyone appreciate it? - do I really want to do it ?. . .
Turn that butterfly into excitement - love the mystery of the unknown - anticipate the happy accidents - learn from the mistakes - enjoy the journey!
You need to develop work habits that will foster creativity
- have a special place/studio dedicated as your work space
- spend time daily in your studio
- draw/paint/write everyday
- keep some kind of journal/sketchbook
- spend time with other artists for support
- nurture a fellow artist (nurturing is good because you have to practice what you preach)
- experiment with what works for you
This Struggle and this Work will and should never go away even as you mature as an artist. It will always be part of your creative process, so
Embrace It, Expect It, Enjoy It!!
Jeremy Goes To Summer Camp is the sequel to The New Adventures of Jeremy Duck and once again, his adventure begins right af...
WAITING FOR OUR WINGS Back to the winged critters and the challenging composition. I was given excellent advice - my compo...
WAITING FOR OUR WINGS I've added more critters and leaves and feathers to break up the strong vertical line and bring the left si...
Won't be long now and my critters will get their new wings. But until then, they have to make do with the wings I've created for th...